Monday 10 November 2014

The library gofer

I was intrigued by a tip-off I received last week from a fellow sufferer of Pissemoff's behaviour.
She told me she had seen the same young construction worker toing and froing from the local library regularly for many weeks. I decided to check out the tip and, heavily disguised I followed the fellow from the construction site to the library.

hey mum can you see me?

Mr Anthrop a.k.a. "the chameleon" a.k.a. Liu Bolin


I watched carefully as he checked in the single book he had hidden inside his hi-viz jacket.
He wandered into the children's section after this but I was more intent on finding the identity of the book he had just surrendered than his new borrow, so I sidled up to the returned books trolley to get a better look.
Well blow me down there it was, a Ladybird book I vividly remember reading long, long ago.


Understandably I was disappointed that presumably he was borrowing books for his pre-school infant and did not give me much of an an insight into Pissemoff's plans for the G3 boundary question. I thought perhaps the chap was getting books like 'law for sheriffs' or 'morality for psychopaths' but it appeared not - damn!

I began removing my now pointless disguise when there was a commotion at the desk. The chap was remonstrating with the librarian and waving wildly around appearing to be guiding an invisible roof truss into position. She was trying to explain to the guy that he couldn't take three books out because his company only had two tickets...oh my I thought, he was taking books out for Pissemoff...but they are children's books...uh?
I went back to the returned book trolley and grabbed the Ladybird book and opened it to see this:



Of course, they had used this as reference for their time-keeping. The Pissemoff green highlighter pen on the clock-face was evidence of their contempt for the 8am start time in the planning permission decree - mystery solved! 

I raced back to the desk to get sight of the new books causing the altercation. The first made me worry for the poor unfortunate people whose homes were built to the methods displayed on the cover of this book:
  

The second gave me a sense of foreboding that we might finally be getting replies to the six unanswered letters sent to Pissemoff:



The third was clearly for the gofer's self satisfaction whilst waiting for the bosses decision on the future of the G3 boundary issue and anyway this level of sophisticated humour was likely to cause senior managements heads to implode.

 

Disclaimer: This story is satire - this means it is for entertainment only and is not true. Mr Anthrop accepts no responsibility for the accuracy or otherwise of this information - it is all untrue. If you are a house developer reading this , it means it is all made up...but it still rankles huh?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment!